Junior Test Analyst, ITS, Massey University
Junior Test Analyst (G001-15JK)
Information Technology Services, Strategy, Finance, IT and Commercial Operations
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for a junior test analyst with experience in application and service testing, to support the testing of the University’s key information systems. Experience in testing within a large IT organisation is essential
$46,821 - $66,157 pa
11:45 p.m. on 22 February 2015
We are currently seeking a Junior Test Analyst with skills and in the areas of software, application and service testing to join the ITS Team.
You will be working within a large IT department that focuses on a number of key applications, services and technologies which support the business functions of the University. Your role will encompass testing, defect recording and reporting on a range of software and IT services. Key to this role is excellent relationship development skills relating to key stakeholders.
Successful applicants will have a keen eye for detail, be thorough, extremely organised and have highly developed literacy and communication skills. The ability to work with both end users and the technical delivery function essential.
This role will suit someone with a solid testing background, and who is mature, energetic, focused and professional in their work with a can do attitude and a range of skills that could be utilised in an information technology environment.
To provide application and service testing services for business as usual and project based IT service developments.
Head of Risk, Quality and Continuity, and the Team Leader (Testing) [Line]
Liaison with clients for the development of test scripts, support of UAT.
Work collaboratively and cooperatively with other sections of ITS particularly business analysts and software developers [Peer]
OPERATIONAL READINESS TESTING
• Assist in the development and maintenance of comprehensive test plans.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of comprehensive test scripts.
• Undertake testing of software and services.
• Diagnose and report errors and issues with business requirements and functional specifications encountered during testing.
• Participate as required in identifying the solution for resolving faults and user issues identified during testing.
• Undertake software testing in accordance with Systems Development Lifecycle methodology and standards, including test strategy, plans, conditions and cycles, test and data population scripts.
• Complete issue reports and work with development teams to diagnose and help resolve issues.
• Provide advice and assistance to business users involved in User Acceptance Testing.
• Take ownership of agreed personal objectives, timeliness and deadlines, managing assigned work to ensure it is completed on time, and to ensure a high level of personal productivity is maintained.
• Ensure solutions meet agreed functional and non-functional requirements after completion of user acceptance testing and before going to Production, by performing testing or audits.
• Collaborate effectively with project managers, business analysts and systems development teams as required during the build and test phases of the project.
• Responsible for providing release assessment and recommendations to managers based on test results.
• Responsible to ensure that all testing is thorough and complete and meets the required standards at all times.
• Communication of any issues in a timely manner.
• Assist and collaborate with other members of the Testing Team.
• Negotiate acceptance criteria.
• Assist with providing test strategies and advice in the preparation of suitable testing scenarios and data.
• Participate in resolving issues arising during testing.
• Assist in business procedure testing.
• Provide assistance, QA services etc. for UAT, as required.
• Self-manage own workload to meet agreed deadlines.
• Work closely with senior members of the Testing Team.
• Provide appropriate feedback to managers.
• Manage a variety of tasks concurrently and show flexibility of work patterns in order to meet timeframes and delivery.
• Manage expectations of Massey University business units.
• Liaison with external organisations where required.
• Contribute positively to the team environment to allow individual and team goals to be met.
• Facilitate strong communication channels between the team and key IT and business contacts.
• Implement and maintain a personal development program that focuses on maintaining currency and enhancing skills in the areas of Information Technology.
• Be proactive in identifying own training needs.
• Maintain a reading program that covers recent developments in IT and testing/training methodologies techniques.
• Any other duties as required.
A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience is a requirement.
A software testing qualification (e.g. ISTQB) is desirable.
• Experience in or knowledge of software development life cycles
• Experience in testing changes to business systems and applications as well as system performance issues.
• Previous experience in testing roles is desirable.
• Experience in software testing methodologies and strategies is desirable.
• Current knowledge of technology solutions and trends.
• A working knowledge of SQL and databases is an advantage
Personal attributes and behaviours
• Proven analysis and problem solving skills
• Builds excellent customer service relationship
• Ability to develop a team approach to problem solving
• Fluent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to maintain a clear set of task priorities while working under situations of stress and pressure
• Willingness to work out of hours as necessary
• Knowledge of the education sector and its business processes and systems desirable;
• Proven ability to set and work to timeframes on assigned tasks.